Saturday, October 16, 2010

let me explain


A few months ago, I made this post, begging France to take me back soon. At the time, I figured I wouldn't see that beautiful country for at the very least another year or two.

I thought I was kissing my "Carte 12-25"* goodbye, because it expires the 29th of June 2011. I tacked to my wall for purely sentimental reasons. Wrong! I plan to use that thing ASAP to visit my dearest Amandine in Auxerre.

I had tucked my Passe Navigo** away for safekeeping. But that thing will be back in business starting the 22 of January.

You may ask, my dear friends, why?

I've been hired to teach French 102 and 201 on study abroad this winter semester.

Interpretation: I go to France for free. Travel and housing paid for, plus my normal teaching salary.

DISCLAIMER: This is a blessing - not my own doing. Thank you, thank you, thank you to the Powers That Be.

*French rail pass for people under 25 travelling
** swipe card for the Paris Metro

3 comments:

  1. GRACE!!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!!!! Maybe I will come visit you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you definitely should!!!!!! Come come come play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, holy cow I'm jealous!!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete